One of the futurists we follow Mary Meeker, a partner at venture firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers, has released a great report this morning at the All Things Digital conference. The report outlines some of the hot trends affecting the Internet.
Here are a few of the top stats we like:
- 2.3B Global Internet Users in 2011, driven by emerging markets
- 1.1B Global mobile 3G subscribers, 37% Growth Q4
- Android’s adoption faster than iPhone.
- iPhone adoption ramp even faster than expected
- 29% of US adults own a tablet, from 2% less than 3 years ago.
- Global Mobile Traffic Growing Rapidly to 10% of Internet Traffic
- Mobile @ 8% of USA eCommerce & Helping Accelerate Growth
- Mobile Monetization Growing Rapidly (71% Apps, 29% Ads)
- Rapidly Growing Mobile Internet Usage Surpassed More Highly Monetized Desktop Internet Usage in May, 2012, in India
- iTunes App Store Driving 46MM+* Downloads per Day