In Deloitte’s recent mobile consumer study, it’s clear we are a nation of addicts. With 81% of the UK owning a smartphone, here are my top 5 takeaways:
- 81% use their phones whilst watching TV. [CD] I’m guilty are you?
- 34% check their phones in the middle of night. [CD] Yes, and then I can’t easily get back to sleep!
- Mobile browsers are preferred over apps for shopping and 50% of consumers prefer mobile browsers for searching for products. In fact, most consumers only have 20 apps or less installed. (see pg 48) [CD] I have 160 apps on my phone. I create mobile friendly websites for my clients – visit DADD for more info and 20% off.
- Millenials prefer laptops over tablets. [CD] Me too even though I’m only a millenial in spirit
- Smartphones are used as the preferred device over tablets and laptops for checking social networks, voice calls over the internet, playing games, taking photos and recording video. [CD] Me too. I also love smartphones for hiking with Viewranger and checking on my linkedin updates.
I highly recommend downloading and reading it (if you’re not driving and reading this!). Click here
For now, it’s time for me to sleep and leave my phone alone!!!