There are so many popular social networking websites to feed with your daily news and managing them from several different internet browser tabs or windows can get annoying very quickly. When you share your information, it needs to go out to multiple networks that attract different audiences. Some offer desktop applications, some provide mobile apps. Here are DADD’s suggestions for the Top 5 Social Media Management Applications:
- HootSuite is probably the most popular web based social media management app. It has stacks of options, settings and dynamic features to explain it’s reputation. You can monitor and post to several popular networks including both Facebook personal profiles and business pages, Twitter, LinkedIn and others. It has a custom analytics system, and can monitor selected keywords. A very useful feature is the option to conveniently schedule posts so you can catch your audience in when they’re typically checking their social media.
- SocialOomph lets you add up to 5 twitter accounts completely free of charge! You can also schedule your tweets, track keywords, promote your profiles, shorten URLs, clean your direct message inbox, and ! Supports Facebook and Twitter accounts and helps you manage and schedule posts to your blog as well.
- Seesmic has app integration for almost every major platform (>90 of them), including mobile and web-based. Using an interface a bit like email platforms to view your streams. Apart from supporting Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, the application also supports sites like Salesforce Chatter, Stocktwits, Klout, Yammer, and Zendesk.
- TweetDeck can be installed as a desktop application as well as via an app for iPhone, Android and Chrome browsers. Supports Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, LinkedIn, MySpace, Google Buzz and others.
- CoTweet used to be the social media management app of choice for businesses. You can add notes to conversations, add user profiles to lists and view their influence from the Klout integration.